Sunday, November 28, 2010

A little bit about Claire Richards...




Give us a hint as to what you will be exhibiting in the show?
These artworks are made with oil paint. I got carried away melding the colours together.

What inspired you to make this work?
It doesn’t really show but I was thinking about the colours used in Russian folk art. I am also interested in obsolete technology at the moment. There was something lovely about the way the little door of portable tape players opened up like a door of a space craft.

Did it turn out how you thought it would in your head?
I’ve had the image of multi-coloured rabbits in my head for several years and it changed quite a bit.

Is there reoccurring theme in the art you make?
I like painting all fluffy animals and I can always find an excuse to draw a caravan.

How do you know when your artwork is finished?
Sometimes I think a painting is finished but then I’ll come back weeks later and fiddle, sometimes it improves but I have also ruined paintings.

Have a look at clairerichards.com.au to find out more about Claire and where you can find her work around Adelaide.


No comments: