Monday, November 29, 2010

A little bit about Tom Hermann...




Give us a hint as to what you will be exhibiting in the show?

I will be showing six paintings, acrylics on canvas.

What inspired you to make this work?
I've been watching a lot of Scrapheap Challenge so my inspiration is junk.

Did it turn out how you thought it would in your head?
Does it ever? A bit closer this time perhaps. I was trying to create atmosphere as well as narrative.

How did you get started as an artist?
I have always been drawing or painting, but I took an illustration course a few years ago and now I am getting started working freelance.

Is there a reoccurring theme in your work?
Recurring themes? Hmmm - strange creatures probably, tinged with a touch of melancholic whimsy.

How do you know when a piece is finished?
When the deadline comes! It's always hard to let go of a piece, but sometimes when you have a clear vision for the project, you know when it's done and anything else would be getting in the way.


No comments: