Thursday, December 2, 2010

A little bit about Ali Rodda...


What inspired you to make this work?
During a recent trip travelling the world I armed myself with a little notebook full of vintage papers and began doodling different characters as I wandered.

Did it turn out how you imagined?
My imagination imagined, then imagined a little more! I find you will always start out with an idea of how a concept will look and as you experiment happy accidents and other ideas come into play and pieces with grown and change.

How did you get started as an artist/designer?
After finishing my Honours year at Uni I started out as a graphic designer working in a small studio in Adelaide. Recently I have been working on launching my own brand, indigo fawn, with a new jewellery collection. You can check it out at www.indigofawn.com.au.

Is there reoccurring theme in the art you make?
Fun, simplicity and cuteness!

How do you know when your artwork is finished?
When you can sit back and smile.



No comments: